Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 25, 2009

January 25 2009 The Day of Boredom

It could have been worse; it could have been forced upon me. But today, feeling weak from accomplishments yesterday and recovering from some virus of the head-cold variety, we decided "better" was a long way off unless we actually did nothing. He never got out of his jammies, as incentive to stay put. I had occupied my compulsion of having to have something to do by scouring the dvd collection for special features and marking all the disks with watchable production documentaries or other fun features.


So as the evening came to a close, I grabbed my camera and wandered around the house taking pictures of things that had crossed my mind during the day, because I had not actually done anything. Except this. What's interesting about this photo is that you can tell my compulsion to organize by genre was halted before the second shelf. I sat in my chair and took this picture with a flash from across the room. Looks like my shelf.

No comments: