Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 4, 2009

January 04 2009 The Superhero Contest

Call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first, but the not-quite-set jello transportation test at the birthday party superhero school in the nippy weather of January, thus, over the carpet I hate and will replace soon, was ridiculous amounts of fun. And the new pink stains detract from the ancient grey and brown ones from several homeowners ago, and even look cheerful.



Cropped this photo from one taken by my husband. This is the left-most portion, with only jello dribbles between the right edge of this photo and the right edge of the full photo. Had it had the destination bowl on the bench on the right edge of the full photo, I might not have cropped, but this one shows the jello spoon, the dropped jello on the floor with old grey stains and the contrasting black superhero outfit in motion. I like this shot, and I like this crop.

No comments: