Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 19, 2009

January 19 2009 The Strike Pose

Visiting with my husband's dad headed through from out of state, we all went bowling. Besides the dibilitating injury to my wrist which prevents me from bowling like I once did, I was further buried under the score of my husband, though a little heckling (he claims he didn't hear) threw him off, once. I don't know, what else should you expect from a fan of The Dude?



Taking these shots were fun. I had to adjust for a lot of apron in the foreground, and this one came out well. There really isn't a better way to take shots of bowling than long shots. I set my mini tripod on the apron and clicked at the end of the approach, just after release. Without the flash nothing came out, so we get to see all the dust on the apron, but hey, the ball's in the air, and after it fell, curved to hit the head pin right in the 1-3 pocket. Notice the red light reflected from the end of the lanes; I'm loving the laws of light physics. One light, first ball, truly a strike shot.

No comments: