Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 23, 2009

January 23 2009 The Notebook

Spontaneous projects with kids often involve paper, and if they're lucky (and you're crazy), scissors. Paper. A circle. Four circles folded into eighths, cut one eighth from one, two from another, three from another. Taping the edges of the remaining eighths together to form nesting cones. Running a pipe cleaner through them and through a circular scrapbook page which the adhesive fused the plastic overlay to the paper, then stacked with other circle papers. Stapled in one--uh--corner. Let loose with markers, colored pencils, and other drawing objects.


I dislike thoroughly the flash on my camera. Must everything white be pure white? Back to Color Accent. In this shot, the color accented is the redness found in the bench, chair, shirt, and paper stripes. I don't know how it chose this color, but I love the way it turned out. I also like the grain effect in the chair, the bench, with the stripes on the paper and the sweater. To stretch that image, the bucket of pencils is also a series of parallel lines. And the whole project was about circles. How about that?

No comments: