Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 9, 2009

January 09 2009 The Old-Fashioned Way

When the husband left, he took the coffee pot. Which is great, really, because I love my French press. However, he also took the last pot of coffee. So I ground the remaining beans and brewed one cup, the old fashioned way, in the cup. It was beautiful, and fragrant, and stupid, because I then had to dump the coffee through the filter from the coffee machine, and I should have used the little espresso milk steamer pitcher for ease of pouring boiling brew. Did I mention it was beautiful?
Tired of fighting with my trembling nerves to get a still shot, I used the mini flex-leg tripod. I spent a fair amount of time on composition on this, as the batteries in my camera being dead will attest. Shortly after I uploaded I read an article about the art of crooked cameras. I didn't feel so original anymore. I did succeed in hiding the mess of the kitchen, however.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

Look, here I am! Reading your blog! *Waves*