Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 22, 2009

January 22 2009 The Tab Catalog

I've been writing a website for my tai chi instructor, if you remember the mess from earlier, and we have finally decided on layout and function of 11 pages and 2 gallery templates. I have worked on a variety of websites, as an editor and as a writer, and I have never seen something so useful as the Firefox add-on Tab Catalog. Instead of working with a sheath of pages to take notes on and make changes from, I can print one, comprehensive page by using Tab Catalog and print screen.


See? That's three, count them three versions of the site, the top one being all links work, all layouts work, all graphics work... it took me all day to get this far and I only had to print three sheets of paper. Exhausted, I grabbed my camera after this final printing and took one shot: I think flash is terrible. Okay, no flash. One shot, upload it, goodnight everyone, see you when it's live!

1 comment:

Robert Whitten said...

I gotta ask, now that i know you make websites....

Do you use a program to create them? or do you use notepad?