Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

January 16, 2009

January 16 2009 The Roll Back Wheel

The baby of a girlfriend of a friend came to play today. Since I don't get any more babies, I had a hard time finding something good for her to do. The above reason is also why I have this toy still: I can't give it up. It's a perfect little toy for tables; I don't know why I didn't use it when I took my babies out, back when they were babies. And when little baby girl left, the yo-yo still sits, nary a wobble, on my table while I write. It'll be there until the kids get up in the morning and bat it around, more as if it were a baseball instead of a ball of yarn.


I hoped for the reflection on the table when I took the shot, but it would only come out if I hit it with a flash, too. It has an e-bay quality look to it, like it's inviting someone to shop for it and take it as it is. I guess the e-bay look has nostalgia written all over it, and that, I guess, is good enough.

No comments: