Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 22, 2009

July 22 2009 Making my own amusement

A day with no one to entertain me is what I imagine being single must be like. It is remarkable how much my general happiness and well-being is dependent on the proximity of the man I married, hence the aforementioned super-hero identity Proximity Girl. On the other hand, it is a relief to be free of the simple restraint of coordination.

So for my day, which included three child-free hours, I had to entertain myself. I went swimming for the first time in maybe two years. I like swimming, it is a great sport with the ability to strengthen my muscles without aggravating my hip injury, and I think I may do it more often (except that my tolerance right now is about 30 minutes and admission is five bucks).

This evening was the Weekly Fiber, or knit group, as it's less comedically called, and I had to have the kids entertain themselves because I couldn't very well leave them home. They did great, with a brownie and a hot chocolate piled high with whipped cream and their stencils and writing FanFiction (Junie B. Jones episode, anyone?).

Any way you cut the day, it was slightly more demanding than most days to stay happy. It's okay, I can do that.



Macro auto + flash from across the table.

Tomorrow's word: Form

No comments: