Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 4, 2009

May 4 2009 Me and My Husband

You're out on the front step having a smoke and the next thing you know, I'm right next to you. Proximity Girl! You get in your car and head off to your destination, and I pop up from behind the seat, I'm Proximity Girl! Okay so my comic book introductions to my new Superhero Identity were much more interesting and way more humorous this morning when I took on my new identity than they are now, here, in writing, but whatever. I mentioned separation anxiety, and it hasn't gotten anything but worse after my week in the desert and his simultaneous week in the Midwest, and our being out of contact, amplified by the fact we are down to four more days until I fly away again... Even at the expense of efficiency and logic we are spending as many waking moments as we can together. Sure, no problem, I can be Proximity Girl!


I sat behind my husband and he held the camera and pushed the shutter release and together we managed a pretty good self-portrait of me as my new superhero identity.

No comments: