Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 25, 2009

July 25 2009 An engineering wonder

I stayed home and cleaned house today while the engine compartment got cleaned and the new engine got (kind of) installed. ("Kind of" because it doesn't get properly installed until the transfer case and transmission are also installed.) It's gorgeous. There's all these colored stickers with inspection numbers and dates and names on various parts of the engine applied before the whole thing was assembled. It's brand new, never been run. It's got high-end roller cam instead of normal ol' cam and it's around 380 hp (410 ft-lbs tourque). Now to get it attached to the wheels...

Can you imagine someone having invented such a thing as a gasoline powered engine, and how that thing evolved into this shiny creature in my van?

Stay tuned for photos of the van's new-part break-in period. It should be fun!

Thus, compare this photo with this one:




Photo taken by the photographer because I could not be there and I really, really wanted pictures. Plus, my house is so incredibly dull even when cleaned up that I really wasn't inspired to take a picture of it, or anything in it.

Tomorrow's photo: Land

No comments: