Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 27, 2009

July 27 2009 The week's grand opening

I tend to love Mondays, if for no other reason than to annoy people with my Monday Optimism. Today, however, was just a day that asked a lot of me. I taught and I usually don't teach on Mondays. I work late, got to Tai Chi late. I ate late. I worked school stuff with my daughter, organized a trip out of town, then canceled it in favor of a different out-of-town trip, and then put the first back on the schedule, but on ice, just in case. I have a blue spruce with my name on it and the only thing between it's happiness in my yard and where it is now is about three hours work. I put some editing work on the calendar, and some hours of prep work in. I did some research on homeschool law. It's just been that day today.



I didn't want to take a picture today, so here is the long-postponed idle shot of my ceiling. Auto-flash.

Tomorrow's word: whatever

No comments: