Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 1, 2009

July 1 2009 I Feel Like A: jerk

I was, today, kind of a jerk. I realized this especially when this kid was selling raffle tickets for two bucks and all I had was three dollars in quarters for the sole purpose of procuring milk. I managed to slip by on the way in unnoticed but grumbled at the sales pitch. He accosted me on the way out and I produced my lack of give-a-sh*t by wordlessly demonstrating my two quarters remaining. "The kids can still have a sucker," the girl at the desk said as I walked away after seeing the flabbergasted look on the boy's face. I did not acknowledge, but the kids tugged and muttered before recognizing mom's Jerk-Mode.

This is packing for camping. These blue things are lists, categorized, so the stuff on them can go in corresponding bags. I finished before the night ended, but not before a few more jerky moves. I truly shined, today, just a polished apple, all rosy and cheeky. It did make me $50 when I paid bills today, to call and be a jerk. The girl was so nice, too...



I really have no idea how I took this picture and I'm really not in the mood to read the settings and find out.

***
Tomorrow's Noun: Tab

No comments: