Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 5, 2009

July 5 2009 A million uses for a strap

It really was a million-events day, full of things being fixed or held together.

No rain: tarp down, reading in the hammock
Naptime: reassemble tent fly after days of rain shift the earth.
Rain: reassemble tarp cover
Fishing: use rarely-used seatbelt for fifth passenger down the mountain
Blown tire: assist a couple of teens with their roadside emergency (their dad had taken the jack out of their car. Sucks for them.)
Return from dinner: dog now has a fishhook in her lip. Dumb freaking dog.
At lake: My attempt at hook removal fails for lack of sharp enough blade.
Return trip: nighttime and frontage is empty, except for the frantic, wet, waving kayaker needing a phone for aid for his injured shoulder and kayaking partner of unknown welfare.
At the house: Hook removal takes three to accomplish: one light, one holding, one operating.
Tonight? Bedtime hopefully requires no rescuing/emergency quelling/restrapping of anything.



Tomorrow's word: Bait

*This post is heavily edited from the handwritten version.

No comments: