Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

July 16, 2009

July 16 2009 At the end of my rope

I found out I mispronounce the word harrowing today, as I was trying to use it to describe my day, and on a certain level I shouldn't be surprised at that because I'm pretty good at mispronouncing things. I read more than I listen, or at least I did for a good portion of my life. Now I have talk radio and all my satirical comedians, and very little reading. But that's a tangent.

I was trying to do a million things at once today and managed to get a lot done, though one thing kind of slipped through. I found myself running out the door to teach and earlier than that a student a half-hour early and one student didn't show up today at all and a tiny pile of copyediting and I think I forgot to make coffee when I said I would and I just now remember that I have laundry in the wash which I'll need to take care of before I go to bed. And the laundry is part of the rush as someone is supposed to be sleeping on those sheets this weekend but I'm not sure if they are going to but I got the beds ready today. The bees came out and threatened my husband with their wicked daggers and I had to rescue him in the hot sun but really there was nothing I could do until it cooled off and I was SO not inclined to go out there and spray when we got back from going out to eat which we did do.

No dishes, no prep, no leftovers to take care of. We went out to our favorite chinese place instead of ordering in and I got the Jalapeno beef which is exceptional and it was just spicy enough to encourage the endorphins in my brain to give me a rest. "Smile, honey," my mother in law said to me on the phone when I called her and I bet I sounded a lot like I do here in this post. "What?" I asked. "Smile."




Oh no, the last-thing-before-bed photo. Indoor with zoom and flash.


Tomorrow: resistance

No comments: