Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 5, 2009

May 5 2009 Me and My Jeep

I drove the '58 Willys CJ5 off-road today. I've driven a stick for about fifteen minutes before, and that was the other CJ5, the '61. It taxed my hard chi gong muscles as well as some new ones, being that it has no power steering and I was avoiding ruts and rocks. It was wicked fun. I can't wait to get it out to learn to drive around town, which involves lots of shifting down to first gear, kind of an odd thing, but it will be totally worth it.

Also had tons of fun taking this self-portrait. The mirror was adjusted for composition, and you can see the Mesa in the mirror, the city between the Colorado Plateau (where I am parked) and the Mesa, of course, me, and the trail head marker, and I still managed to show off a part of my little Mary Alice, the yellow jeep. I used my husband's new phone, all teched-out, and sent it straight from there to here. I do love connectivity!

No comments: