Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 26, 2009

May 26 2009 Me and My Nostalgia

Every once in a while I do something so oddly and singly nostalgic that my husband thinks I'm crazy and my children think I'm the coolest creature to have ever roamed the planet. (Isn't that the essence of nostalgia? It's because it was cool when we were kids?) There's no cooler invention than something the color of Pepto-Bismol and the flavor of pink cake icing. Strawberry Quick, a single box for as long as I can remember--because we were only allowed on rare occasions--nestled in the tallest shelf in a cabinet in the kitchen of the house I grew up in. The box had a little recipe card printed on the back with cool Quick idea number 67 or something, and said it would be awfully tasty if I put Strawberry Quick on my buttered toast in the morning, and challenged me to send in my own interesting Strawberry Quick recipe ideas. I don't think I ever tried either, but I always loved a cup of pink milk.



I had a hard time taking this picture because I kept drinking all the milk and me drinking from an empty glass is kind of weird. My tummy is a little full now, but I'm pleased with my bedtime treat and my photo.

***********
Nostalgic Discussion: Answer the SodaHead Poll in the sidebar anonymously, or login to SodaHead and answer and comment on the site. (Flash required to work in the sidebar)

No comments: