Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 21, 2009

May 21 2009 Me and My Weakness

My other weakness, that is. Unfortunately, my weakness is fostered by my husband whose weakness this was first... by now you've seen the photo and know what I'm talking about so I'll quit mumbling. We bought our 7th car today. I know, that's a lot, but sometime after we bought my 71 Mercedes Benz 250 last year we started connecting it to a dream I had proposed some several years ago early in our relationship: To Buy A Cool Car For A Daily Driver And Replace It Every Year Or Two So We Can Experience As Many Cool Cars As We Can. Well, since you put it that way, I guess it's okay we're a little odd in that department. Before we made our purchase today, I said to him, "We have to sell three of our cars this year." Yes. Seven is admittedly too many. If you know me you know my grand list of cars. If you do not know me, well, just speculate. However, for now, I am basking in the glow of a new Land Yacht known as a '72 Mercury Marquis, new 460ci engine, transmission, and exhaust with 2500 miles. We were aiming muscle car, but I think that's still aiming a little high for me in my husband's eyes. Maybe next year.




After many shots experimenting with the low light of the post-midnight evening and various settings on my camera I chose one with classic new-car composition, night portrait setting with flash. I used a fence post to steady the camera as the longer exposures came out blurry.

No comments: