Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 12, 2009

May 12 2009 Me and My Dad's Construction Site

I went to work with my dad today, which is cool and not something I have done in a long time, and I think the very first time I ever did while he was superintendent and not just a foreman, or carpenter. My dad has managed to do a lot with his life, and has been able to garner a lot of respect in his position. My husband said that he's the kind of guy that I'll run into people in the future and they'll say, "Oh, him, yeah, I remember him, I worked for him at this job and he was an excellent super." I only wish I make half that impact with my life.




I posed and my dad shot. He's a photographer, too, and could get paid for prints if he offered them. Maybe one day I will be able to link up to his stuff.

No comments: