Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

May 20, 2009

May 20 2009 Me and My Dream

Not so much the fantastic fantasy I expected: the open house at the old train station drew a crowd of gawkers and potential buyers, but it is in such disrepair that I'd have to dedicate a portion of my life to bringing it back to life. The first thing a buyer would have to do is seal it off from creatures--it smelled like urine and there was bird crap all over. Then they'd have to go through and remove the molding and other details that are worth keeping and strip the rest of the walls. The exterior is in much better condition than the interior. There were two areas that were not even open for this event, maybe if I were a serious buyer, but not after the stench. Being as it is a train station, it backs right up to the tracks. Being that I love trains, I'd love to own the train station. But, not this train station, and not today.



Hold it out and look away, a shot of me that doesn't really look like it was taken by me. Kinda neat that way.

No comments: