Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

June 18, 2009

June 18 2009 Angels Unawares

The cleaning I indulged in for the Mardi Gras celebration some five months ago had become unapparent since. Yesterday afternoon I get a call from my husband that he had heard from his friend that friend and family were coming to my house to visit, today. I had just taken all my usual source of quick-clean-up and set it out with the recycle, so I had to do without cardboard boxes. A day later and I succeeded in making my house one-year-old proof. And made both guest beds available. And teach. And not lose my mind. Honestly, I need motivation to keep the place tidy more often. (Do you hear that? You should visit. It keeps my house picked up.)

As for the photo, this is the husband's bowling shoe. The deal with it is that there is only one, or that it only shows one of the pair at a time. We finally hung it on the hat rack so that if we see another we know this one is neatly tamed. We have a shoe on our hat rack. Yeeaaah.



I do not know why I took this picture when I did. Something suggested I should. Auto+Flash-Zoom. I was right on the thing and didn't bother to adjust the flash or compose.

2 comments:

Heather In Progress said...

You won't find the other shoe until that one disappears from the coat rack. You know that, right?

I, too, only seem to clean when there's external motivation: company or... well, company.

Not getting any of your post titles this month, sorry! Are we allowed to cheat and use Google?

alw_ays said...

Sure, use Google. Let me know if you do, and what site you found it on. (I'll adjust the game rules :) )