Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

June 22, 2009

June 22 2009 Maketh a Glad Father

Up and out and onto the Grand Mesa where...there are thousands of bicyclists coming down the mountain while we are going up and man are there some real idiots out there who don't know how to stay in their lane or share the road or, well, it was kind of scary. Onto the Grand Mesa where we went fishing...well, the children and the fathers went fishing and I minded the pup and read some Lovecraft and some Poets & Writers magazine and got my feet wet and fed or occupied the children when they bored of watching bobbers. We went fishing and the weather was great...the sun was hot and the wind was cool at 9,490 feet and there was still snow on the ground in the tree-covered spots and the lakes and streams were full and flowing and noisy as they burbled downhill upon the rocks.

Our first fishing spot was at the reservoir on the dam, and we eventually moved to the end of the dam where the water overflowed around into a stream, and then we moved to the other side of the res to the stream that flowed into it.



I had plenty of morning to aim my camera every-which-way and shot at every-which-thing and as I was shooting I noticed this setting called Stitch Assist where I can line several photos up in a row where the display gives me the right edge of the photo I just took so my second picture could be lined up (when edited) and it was COOL. So I did it.

No comments: