Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

February 22, 2009

February 22 2009 A Motivational Photolog

I do this every year: December rolls around. Thanksgiving, gift making, cards, letters. Christmas Eve, Christmas, an anniversary, New Year's Eve. A birthday on January 1, a birthday just after, and another just after that. Things don't really slow down around here, and I just let everything go. Then Mardi Gras comes and BAM who needs spring cleaning when you have a Mardi Gras party to prepare for? Stay tuned for the new mug chain going up under the drinking vessel shelf there in the back.


I have been putting off before-and-after shots for a long time. Well, a month at least. This, though, has got to be why they were invented. In the first shot, I was just going for as much crap in the picture as possible. In the second, as much of the room as I could get. I was all scrunched up in a corner. I was probably something humorous to look at. Anyway, just normal auto with flash, no zoom. Apparently I'm not likely to have closed cabinets in my life.

No comments: