Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

June 28, 2009

June 28 2009 What is Seen During a Moment

Every year I expect my daughter (and later I will my son) to host an event that increases in responsibility and difficulty each year, and shows off educational advancement, both in social aspects like speech, presentation, competition, confidence, organization, as well as academic aspects, like rote memorization, facts and figures, language, writing, composition, art, biology, music. Last year many of our friends and family joined us on our back deck for snacks, drinks, sunshine, and a Spider Quiz Show created and hosted by the student. It showcased her public speaking, her reading, her comprehension, and her social graces during the event, and her organizational skills, her question writing, her facts and trivia, and her research leading up to the event. This year, it is a poetry recital and reading. She's memorized six poems by six leading poets, and has been working diligently on invitations. She will also be reading some of her own personal writing. In the interest of not blowing all the surprises for those of you who will be attending, I will let the rest remain until you have been officially invited. I will no doubt photograph the heck out of the event, one of which will undoubtedly reach this blog.

This morning we struggled with various pitfalls of invitation creation. We will continue tomorrow. Who knew there was so much experimentation to be had?



Portrait (different focal points and flash colors) and zoom.

No comments: