Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

June 20, 2009

June 20 2009 Too Strong to Stop, Too Sweet to Lose

Being that I've had a long day I will be brief.

It was a car day. Not just any car day, but a beautiful car day. My Mercedes-Benz and I cruised across town, where I saw the subject of this photo and four other amazing vehicles, one I wanted now and even made my mouth water (but it might have been the candy-apple red paint job that did that trick). I then passed the city park and in three signs it said "Car" "Show" "Today" so I had to gawk, of course. We then took our van out with our guests--the military-converted 4x4, custom-lifted, full-sized van-- to the desert to go off-roading. *squeak of joy*. The trip to the desert and back was also rewarded with glimpses of 1930s hot rods with engines exposed, 1960s muscle cars with racing stripes, 1940s panel trucks with glossy coats, 1950s rides with fins. We even had to loop around a block to see a Mercedes-Benz just a body-style older than my own, the big-brother version, complete with fins. *squeal of delight* I had to have that one now too. Oh, and the seven hot Harley Davidson's parked in front of the pub were nothing to miss mentioning, either. Oh, it was indeed a beautiful car day.



Of course you can't see the darned 80s Datsun Z because the woman with big, black hair and huge dark sunglasses stepped on the accelerator after the light SO fast...I have got to remember to take my camera with me; cell phones are so SLOW. I wasn't about to increase the gap between me and the speed limit to keep up with her. So it was this car but in that baby blue...

No comments: