Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

April 17, 2009

April 17 2009 Travelling Day

I spent all day getting ready to go an hour away for the weekend. Really, it was that stressful. Pack the girl, pack the boy, secure a sitter for the dog, hand of the girl, hand off the dog, hand off the boy. Teach students, pack myself and my husband. Finish paperwork for the weekend's class. Lock the doors. Forget the seabands and the husband's pile of shirts from the other room. Go back and thank goodness--dang running toilet would have cost a fortune in water over the weekend. Make it out of town into the rain. Stop for dinner at the pub, eat buffalo chicken sandwich and watch NASCAR and baseball. Sip rootbeer float.


Get hotel. Climb into bed. Oh crud, I didn't take any pictures today: here's the table, mostly. Montrose is a pretty place. Those are seabands. They help me keep my sanity. Flash auto photo from an I-don't-care perspective.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

Dunno if you'll see this before you leave town, but my mom runs a tea parlour there. Miss Donna's on South 3rd, across Townsend from the library, approximately, and across 3rd from the UPS store. She's open 9:30-3 every day for breakfast and lunch! /shameless plug