Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

April 13, 2009

April 12, 2009 Playing and Building in 3D

I have amblyopia. I can't interpret any of the information that my right and left eye share that comes from my left eye. (Sorry, there really is no simpler way to explain this. ) I do not see in 3D. I've heard there are people who've retrained their brains who are twice as old as I am, so I can't say that I can't see in 3D. I just don't. So with all this odd nature of my perception of the world, I've been noticing my increased fascination in the manipulation of 3D objects: origami, legos, connecting magnets, tying a double windsor, the movement of my own body in a 3D space (tai chi). It's as if I am searching to intellectually comprehend a world I cannot see.

My cool little creation was the product of some hours of playing and constructing. I took this with no flash as I was being too lazy to get far enough away to keep it from being a glare. Now, as far as a 2D photo of my 3D creation, it looks great to me. How about you?

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Looks kinda flat hahahaha you know I love you!