Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

April 3, 2009

April 03 2009 Looking Through A Lens

Played around this morning from my chair with my uber zoom on my little camera. I like that it has a digital zoom and I just aimed and shot around the living room at things with words. I really like this picture of our pinboard of ticket stubs. You can read all the cool stuff I have done with my family or with other people or just by myself or that I have sent other people to do, though that information is only held in my head and not in the photo. Looking at the photo, I discover how many movies I had seen in a theater. I don't remember them any differently than I remember watching a movie at home, so it was a surprise to see some of the stubs on the wall. On the other hand, it is great fun remembering all the live performances that I remember looking forward to, preparing for, sitting through, and talking about afterwards. Furthermore, to see all the little pieces of paper in one shot, well, that's a memory in itself.

About twelve, maybe fifteen feet away, I was not at full 24x zoom but greater than 14x, because I was experimenting with the digital zoom capacity of the little machine.

No comments: