Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

April 16, 2009

April 16 2009 Knitting Comfort

Overheard during today's violin lesson: "It hurts me right here." Oh yeah, I have been commissioned to knit a chin rest for the little musician, and have forgotten for at least a month. Also, I have been disinclined to create anything of value: I have frogged more knitting in the past few weeks than I have actually knit, which does indeed suggest I have finally frogged some random pieces laying around half-finished for ages. So as I was deterring my fidget while watching some crime show dramas, I contemplated finally producing something for this task. Violins and violin players have always, in my mind, exuded a sense of luxury: The Red Violin, my friend a room over in the dorm, the girl I have hired to teach my daughter. I chose black, a common orchestral color, and silk,* to complement the connotation of luxury. It's a wonderful sensation to knit with. I'm also knitting with too-narrow needles, so my hands are getting a workout. Care to challenge me to a thumb war?


Auto + stand-back-and-zoom= today's photo. It has not been easy to care to take pictures throughout my day. It is not uncommon that I take them just before I go to bed, and often of the thing I had just done before bed. One of these months, I'm going to challenge myself to a pre-noon photo every day. I have eight months left. I do like it when I get cheered on. Is there any cheering out there?


*Many thanks to Heather in Progress [item 3] for winding my silk from hank to ball for me!

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

*Cheers*

Thanks for the blog pimpage, too! :)