Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 29, 2009

March 29 2009 Grow Up

The kids grow so fast, and we went through their clothes weeding out the small stuff. My daughter gets so attached to her clothes she tried everything on to make sure it was too small before tossing it on the pile. My niece already went through all my clothes; she's taller than me at twelve already, so I guess she'll wear it and hand it down to someone else because she'll grow out of it. Kind of a sad thought, a grown woman handing her clothes down to a teenager who will grow out of them. Thus, today was a pile of clothes day, clothes unworn, clothes too small to wear.

There really isn't a good way to take a picture of a pile of laundry. I mean, I suppose there might be, but I don't know it. Auto auto, auto.

No comments: