Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 19, 2009

March 19 2009 Run Quick

The field trip to the Dinosaur Journey Museum of Western Colorado was phenomenally fun. The three young ones had curiosities satisfied with the abundance of hands-on exhibits: a bone-dig pit, an earthquake machine, animatronic dinosaurs that move at the push of a button, exposed animatronics that respond to joystick controls, an animatronic dinosaur that spits water at you, a water sluice for damming and bypassing with rocks and bamboo and little foam dinosaurs, a box of sand for stamping your own dino-shaped footprints, and a place to sit and read children's books about dinosaurs. There were paleontologists delicately carving away rock from bone in the glass room and a Discovery Channel special on the Dinosaur National Monument here in Colorado. There were bones galore, and casts, and other petrified creatures, living prehistoric fish and not-so-prehistoric fish as fish food.


I took 218 photos today. I had to choose one. Every time I turned the camera back on, the auto setting would auto-on the flash, which I couldn't figure out why the place needed it, being as well lit as it was. I forgot to turn it off a couple times, but this one came out really incredible. Seriously, if this thing weren't in a glass box, I'd be running.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture!