Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 17, 2009

March 17 2009 Smoke It

Beef corned and smoked is pastrami. Of all the wonderful amazingness of today--we had guests from 10:45 to 8:45 without a break--that which permeated every moment was this beef last to finish, the smoke on our clothes, in our hair, through the open doors and into every room of my house. The process of smoking meat is much more than to taste great smoked meats. It's an all-day experience.

I aimed into the open slots on the grill, and because "auto" includes "auto flash" and the sunshine negated the flash, which I needed, I changed the setting to portrait and turned the flash on. Sometimes the obvious conclusion requires a little thinking to arrive at.

No comments: