Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 10, 2009

March 10 2009 Stop That

I watched my daughter do an art project today that she read in a book. When she was done, the bottle of glue remained at the table. Me, I like to feel things, I like the texture, the moisture, the movement. Heck, I even have tactile hallucinations on occasion. Tell me that you never smeared Elmer's glue on your hands and let it dry just to peel it off. This is third grade stuff here. Though, maybe I shouldn't have done it in front of the kids. Just what I need, little kids with glue smeared all over them.


Flash the first time was too much. No flash was not enough. Back to the back up, zoom in, and flash away shot. Came out fantastic.

No comments: