Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 12, 2009

March 12 2009 Read It

My daughter started violin lessons last week, and since I've been involved with every aspect of her education, I've passed this one off to the string player in the house. I take the time she's in lessons to teach my boy in some quality one-on-one play. Today we played The Hungry Caterpillar card game (he already knows his numbers and their order) and we started in on the reader I used for his sister (who at 6 reads at a 5th grade level). However, he is too sharp to read the repetitiveness of the Dick and Jane. He also doesn't have the same reading setbacks she had needed the repetition for. Maybe tomorrow we'll start in on Hop on Pop.


I'm really not interested in anything but my dedication to this daily thing tonight. It's a photo. It's my day.

1 comment:

Heather In Progress said...

My dad's mom has several old (from the 50's or 60's) Dick and Jane books that I remember reading when I was eight or nine, too old for them but charmed by the style of the drawings. I hope someday my kids get to read them, too. Three generations of kids learning from those books...