Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

March 14, 2009

March 14 2009 Throw It

Just as we have Mardi Gras, we have adopted St. Patrick's Day as our own. The chef experiments every year with the beef dish, and this year is corning his own beef. Every year we have a fire, though this year we will borrow a pit because our yard isn't as safe as the last one. We lost the boat we had used as a relaxing wading pool to the sun's harsh rays, cracking the plastic and rendering it useless, and we may not find a suitable replacement. We play State of Grace, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, and a new one last year, An Everlasting Piece as our tribute to Irish immigrants, Irish lore, and present-day conflict of Catholics and Protestants. We also throw things. Horseshoes, bocce ball, and things that are sharp, like spikes and axes. We tried out our new target board this afternoon after a day of prepping the backyard for festivities.

The chef-photographer-weapons expert left these for me to photograph. My eyes ill-able to adjust to the shade after working in the sun, I took the shot and didn't try to play with getting a "good" one.

*********************
If you read this, you're invited. Tuesday, anytime between noon and midnight. Eat, throw things, drink and be merry.

No comments: