Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

February 18, 2009

February 18 2009 A Dog You Didn't Know I Had

What, there were no photo worthy moments today? The Grecian Vessel art project? The kick arse movie Bill Maher did? The fact that the girl at the knitting circle had the exact same orange color I have been knitting with (a blinding kind)? The girl's hat? The tasty bread? Nothing? No, it must be I am a slacker. What are the rules of this thing? Since it's my game, I guess I get to make them. Obviously, every photo doesn't have to be taken with my camera, nor is every photo even by me. So what then? I get to take a photo of something about today, and post it today (by cheating at the post time). Okay, sounds like a good rule to me. Here's the creature that lives in my house and noses at my legs and thinks she's a lap dog.



"Can you sit still? Must you sniff my jeans for everyone I was near today?" Dogs don't understand English. Can we fix this? Make a chip or something? "Oh, you're lying down now. Fine. No--Don't--Stay there...Oh crap." I used the setting for "Kids and pets" and it seems to do some good. Odd pet-eye reflections, still, but a faster shutter speed and a crisper action shots. That will do.

No comments: