Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

February 19, 2009

February 19 2009 A Delicate Process

I hate cleaning up, I really do, but what makes it worth it is to do something I've intended to do for a long time. Today, I knocked three of those off the list at once. One: the Christmas decor is finally all put away. Two: I moved the round table with the delicately finished top and the lace table cloth out of the walkway and switched it with the narrower table, which is hardier for daily use. Three: I washed the lace. I felt very old-fashioned hand-washing the old lace. It smells distinct. I can't imagine always having lace cloths to wash all the time. It would be a common scent. Anyway, it is up to dry, and will go back on the delicate table against the wall out of harm's way.


I used the flash for without was too yellow. I used bokeh technique in my position and zoom so that the focus is about...there. A good focal point. Auto and Macro. That's the story. The end.

No comments: