Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

February 27, 2009

February 27 2009 A Usable Shape

I'm working on my joint strength so I can study saber set. "You have swords?" They are more knives than swords. I'm looking for a picture. Dang it! There is nothing like...what...I... "A photo a day." Oh, yeah. I'll just take a picture of my own. Thanks. The top one is a practice saber, once used by a youngin to hack weeds. The bottom one goes in the sheath, and is lighter. Both were gifts.


I stood on the table and turned the camera upside down because the ascetics of the curve was better from that side. I could have flipped them over but the other side of the sheath isn't as attractive. I could have turned them around, I guess. Anyway, I only got one shot on who-knows-what-setting before my batteries died again. Must...find...rechargables....

No comments: