Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

February 3, 2009

February 03 2009 A Day of Waiting

Really, now, I have spent the last 12 hours waiting. Waiting for the refresh button to yield me something other than this. 12 hours! Did something go wrong? Where is my site? Today, today, today today! Already! *refresh* Blegh. Totally anti-climatic.


Photos of screens have always been fascinating. My husband takes them all the time--of the television mostly. I took this at 0 zoom from about 6 inches from the screen. It came out pretty good, with fewer diagonal refresh lines than I expected. Anyway, now you have the site address, and you can wait patiently or impatiently with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just looking at this photo made go check it out. The hype around the site is huge I expect ama-zing results when it finally decides to turn on.... I checked it out but alas nothing yet. Bummer, at least I have a reason to roll out of bed now :)