Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

August 11, 2009

August 11 2009 Flickr: The Write me Pool

All His Fault


The guy who built the engine signed it.
Now we know exactly who to blame if anything goes wrong.
Of course, we also know who to thank when it lasts fifty years running perfectly.
An engine, is, of course, a piece of art.
Auto+Flash+Zoom

For Original Blog Write me
____________________________

It was a long day, leaving Utah before breakfast and stopping at the house with just enough time to eat and pack up the driveshafts, and driving to Eckert, and installing/fixing/drilling-bending-cutting-heating metal so everything fits. I took my normal "van upgrade" photos and was fascinated by the blue "Brad" on the red engine. It spawned conversation about how many sets of hands built our machine (likely, only one: Brad's). Then we went to an aunt's for dinner and got home late, and I browsed through the pictures and here is a "Write me" just waiting for me. Yay fortuity!

No comments: