Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

August 4, 2009

August 04 2009 Engrish Funny dot com: Your Engrish is Now!

Serving Suggestion


Use in place of fresh ginger in equal amounts
dressings, stir-fly dishes, curries, sauces, or when a fresh ginger

Submitted by: Auto via Macro-Flash

For Original Blog Engrish Funny
_____________________________

Today's post writing sucked.

I did not know what I was doing until ten o'clock this evening. Not going to happen again.

I made a list of all the blog ideas I had accumulated and made notes and then went to the store to find something that could only be found (as in, I couldn't fabricate it with my crafty hands). Besides an incongruous fire truck (Oceanview Fire Department) in front of one of our neighborhood motels, my grocery store seemed like a funny-rich location. I scanned all the hand-written signs to no avail. Then I browsed the Model Cake book and then I headed for the Culture-Specific Food Aisle. Wouldn't you believe it, most of the product labels were well edited by an English speaker, or there were no labels in English at all. No hits on any of my other blog options, none that were as funny as this one, a stereotype that managed to slip by the editors. Yay me! I found one! I found that my excellent editing skills were useful in this search. I found a few ingredients misspelled, and most people can't even pronounce them to begin with.

Anyway, I well-organized my list of blogs so I shouldn't have another no-idea day for quite some time. Yay I'm excited again! Also, I have a list of 31 potential blogs, though I'm hoping for some good ones to crop up between now and the end of the month for replacement of some of my less-interesting options.

Don't forget to let me know how I'm doing! (In other words, comments, please?)

No comments: