Welcome

Following the third year of a holiday letter comprised
of my (increasingly complex) life via a (increasingly complex) year-in-photographs, I
wondered what it would be like to join the great experiment of 365 days of photographs.
I'm not a photographer,
I'm a writer. I'm a visual thinker, and if ever there was proof that a photo is worth a
thousand words, it would be the story a photo tells me, or in this case, about me.
Follow me on this adventure, where I
learn about photography, my ability to record my life, my dedication to something (I've
never been known for doing anything everyday) in my posts. I've also discovered I'm
learning about time, the history of it, and the odd practice of recording it, measuring it,
turning it into something tangible, and I'll record these explorations in the sidebar.
As always, feel free
to say anything. My experiment is not a spectator sport.

September 2, 2009

September 02 2009 Offspring


being that intelligent life begets intelligent life
--or so I would like to think, as such implies I am intelligent life
based on the idea I have been given intelligent life to foster--
being that
I think there is a level at which I think I am outranked by the subsequent generation of intelligent life.

Who else will make me lunch?
or wear a fancy dress up costume all day instead of clothes
and wander around correcting my poor arithemetic skills
and in a sweet, innocent, condescending way assure me that said skills can be improved upon with practice?
Who else requires their speech to be translated via assembling bits of alphabet
thus creating an environment in which they cannot be brushed off?
(spelling as a fishhook for mother's attention)

Who else can define infinity so succinctly before they even have an opportunity to use it against you?

No comments: